A Roadmap for Opportunity/Growth, Excellence and Community Enrichment
This section of the Institutional Effectiveness and Planning website contains the proposed goals, objectives, and performance indicators for MCC’s 2014-2019 Strategic Plan. The plan covers the following time period: 2014-15 through 2018-19. Please note that the Strategic Plan does not contain specific strategies on how to achieve the goals and objectives. These strategies will be developed by individual departments during the annual unit level planning process.
McLennan Community College’s rich tradition of excellence and innovation reflects its commitment to achieving and sustaining national leadership in:
- Student Access to educational opportunities at the two-year level and beyond through partnerships with area schools.
- Student Learning and Success through faculty excellence, innovative instructional methodologies and classroom technologies, undergraduate research opportunities, and comprehensive student support services.
- Workforce Development through alliances with local business and civic organizations to meet the needs of the twenty-first century global, state, and local economy.
- Community Enrichment through partnerships, program development, athletic and cultural events, community service, and continuing education opportunities.
- Data-driven Decision-making built on relevant quantitative and qualitative data.
- Transparency and Accountability in all college practices.
- Efficient and responsible use of resources through a commitment to ethical oversight, sustainability, and environmental stewardship.
McLennan Community College’s mission is to engage, educate, and enrich its community.
The college ensures access to pathways for student success through excellent workforce and transfer programs, student services, and continuing education. These programs promote proficiency in identified student learning outcomes, successful course completion, graduation, employment, and transfer to a senior institution. The college embraces diversity and strengthens its communities through successful educational attainment, strong leadership, sustainability efforts, best practices, community service, and integrity
All choices, decisions, and actions of McLennan Community College and the individuals associated with it arise from and are consistent with the following core values:
- Excellence requires a commitment to allocating the time, effort, and resources to ensure superior achievement.
- Integrity earns the public’s trust through principled leadership and achieves the highest levels of honesty and ethical behavior.
- Innovation promotes and affirms the spirit of invention and creativity.
- Inclusion assures educational opportunities are available to the community through open enrollment; multiple delivery methods; and a commitment to meeting the financial, environmental, social, and academic needs of diverse learners.
- Collaboration develops educational, technical, industrial, and cultural partnerships to improve the quality of life in the community.
- Stewardship, Sustainability, and Accountability require an efficient and effective use of human, physical, and financial resources.