Click here for a printable version of the current strategic plan.
Prepare students for employment in our community and around the world.
Use resources strategically and maintain financial stability.
Enrich community life.
- Provide pathways to success for all students that promote student educational attainment.
- 1.1 Ensure community awareness of educational opportunities through McLennan Community College.
- 1.2 Improve academic advising and monitor progress to completion.
- 1.3 Expand partnerships with businesses and social and educational organizations.
- 1.4 Improve retention.
- 1.5 Improve timely graduation rates.
- 1.6 Improve transfer to four year institutions.
- Provide quality education, promote a culture of integrity, and encourage academic excellence.
- 2.1 Encourage life-long learning by cultivating curiosity, critical thinking, and research skills.
- 2.2 Promote emotional intelligence and student adaptability.
- 2.3 Promote an appreciation for diversity.
- 2.4 Develop an appreciation and responsibility for sustainable practices.
- 2.5 Ensure ethical practices in all interactions with students, employees, and the community.
- 2.6 Advance instructional and administrative excellence through professional development.
- 3.1 Enhance student readiness for an increasingly global society.
- 3.2 Develop and maintain relevant programs to meet the needs of business and industry in the community.
- 3.3 Increase student awareness of career options in the community and the world.
- 4.1 Offer relevant and appropriate academic, co-curricular, and administrative support programs.
- 4.2 Expand the use of the college’s information resources.
- 4.3 Obtain additional external sources of funding.
- 4.4 Maintain and develop excellent learning environments through facilities, technology, and campus landscapes, while emphasizing environmental sustainability.
- 4.5 Maintain financial stability through (a) the effective review and evaluation of programs, activities, and allocation of resources; (b) the implementation of prudent financial practices and policies.
- 5.1 Encourage community involvement in cultural, athletic, and entertainment activities.
- 5.2 Support and encourage student, faculty, and staff involvement in local community service.
- 5.3 Participate in community programs and activities that promote improvement of the health, education, and income of McLennan County residents.